Art 41 quiz
Below are the notes I made during class to prep for the quiz.
a digital image is a made up of numbers representing images.
Raster and vector images.
- Raster images are made up of pixels
- Vector images are made up of math equations
What is a pixel?
- A pixel is a dot of color made up of Red Green and Blue.
Resolution is the number of pixels in a file.
- X and Y dimensions
- DPI (PPI) density of the pixels.
When you make a new file in PS, your first choice is decide on the total resolution of the image.
What resolution would you use for screen based based projects.
- 72 PPI
What is the minimum resolution you would use for a print based project.
- 300 PPI
How do load an image into Photoshop?
- right click => open with “PS”
- file=> open
- drag an image onto the PS icon
- use Adobe Bridge
What is the difference between the lasso tool and the magic lasso tool.
- the magic lasso tool detects the contrast of pixels and the lasso tool makes freehand selections.
What does the marquee tool do?
- the marquee tool makes rectangular and elliptical selections.
What is the difference between the magic wand tool and the quick selection tool.
- The magic wand tool selects pixels of a similar value.
- The quick selection tool allows you to paint or directly select the areas you want to include.
Describe the crop tool
- The crop tool allows you to keep the areas of an image you want and discard the rest resulting in a smaller image.
How do you describe an RGB color?
- with 3 numbers between 0-255 that represent specific color combinations.
What is the function of a layer?
- a layer is a way to organize, manage and manipulate multiple images within a document.
Name 3 different image filetypes.
JPEG, TIFF, Photoshop(.psd), PNG, GIF, RAW
What is a keyframe?
- a specific point in a timeline that records information.
- a keyframe is used to store information about a layer over time.
- a keyframe initiates action in an animation.
what is an integer?
- an integer is a whole number
what is a float?
- a float is a number expressed in decimals
What is the burn tool?
it darkens portions of the image.
How do you add text to a Photoshop document?
- select the type tool then click where you want the text to appear.