Vocabulary – from Digital Foundations Ch5
- Hue is color (e.g. red, blue, green, yellow)
- Intensity, Saturation, Chroma and Brilliance all refer to how much pigment is in a color, which translates to how vivid a color appears.
- Value is measured by how much white or black is mixed with a hue, or, it can be registered as the grayscale equivalent of a color.
- Shades are a hue mixed with black.
- Tints are a hue mixed with white.
- Analogous colors are adjacent on the color wheel.
- Complementary colors directly oppose each other on the color wheel.
Here are a few links about Color Theory